Monday, November 30, 2015

Allietare Mystery Quilt Clue #1

I started Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt 2015 Allietare!  this last weekend.  I am hoping to keep up and learn more about quilting.  I love watching her quilt cam's and reading her blog, I have learn so much from watching her.  I made these 300+ half square triangles for Clue #1.

Bonnie Hunters Allietare! Mystery Quilt 2015  I just learned how to link on my blog!  (Another little something Bonnie Hunter taught me from her blog.)


Bonnie inspired me to get out my Grandma Rosalie's old sewing machine.  I love the sound of it sewing and has nothing but good memory's to me.  I still need to do the research on how old it is, but its a Sears Kenmore and really loved the 1/4 inch guide that Bonnie Hunter inspired me to do also.  

9 comments:

  1. Love Vintage Machines. Looks like Bonnie converted another one to them. Lucky you to get your Grandmas. The trimming took the longest to get done. I didn't mine watching Hallmark movies and QuiltCam after Church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary for being the first person to ever reply on my blog! So much fun! I do still need to trim them, but they are amazing close to 2 inches with all of Bonnie's great tips.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! This blog thing is fun, especially when someone comes to visit it! :)

      Delete
  3. Yay on joining in the mystery...love you blog title too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andee, appreciate your comment. The blog title reminds me what I need to do each day. :)

      Delete
  4. looking pretty..and the machine too. I have a 239 that looks similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on the mystery! How wonderful to have and use your Grandma's machine. A beautiful way to connect with your past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Used to own a Kenmore myself! Happy Quilting!! Can't wait to see all the progress.

    ReplyDelete